Stasis is the latest ability to be added to the world of Destiny 2 with the Beyond Light expansion, and a few more tweaks are on the way as Season of the Chosen continues to chug along. Season 12 began the transformation of this “it’s not ice” class, and season 13 will continue on those adjustments to make it more balanced for instances like in PvP.
In the latest This Week at Bungie, the team detailed how they have heard the frustrations about how Stasis interacts with PvP events like Crucible, but the tricky part has been balancing such a powerhouse class in both PvE and PvP equally. To continue on the path of improvement, Bungie has outlined a few shifts in Stasis that will adjust global behavior on particular abilities. With these changes, the team also says that they will be paying special attention to feedback based on what’s new to see what’s working and what needs more fine-tuning.
According to Bungie:
Hunter Stasis Changes
- Removed damage resistance from Shatterdive.
- Added a 4s cooldown between activations of Shatterdive.
- Withering Blade
- Decreased Withering Blade damage against players from 90 to 65 damage. PvE damage is unchanged.
- Decreased Withering Blade slow stacks applied to players from 60 to 40 stacks. PvE slow stacks are unchanged. Decreased the target acquisition range of Withering Blade after it impacts a player from 12m to 8m. Range after impacting PvE enemies is unchanged.
Warlock Stasis Changes
- Winter’s Wrath
- Improved tracking of Winter’s Wrath projectiles, now tracking strength decays from its max value over 10s instead of 2.2s.
- Increased the size of the warlock super projectile’s proximity detonation radius 1.5m – 1.65m
- The proximity detonation now starts at its largest and scales down to 40% over time.
- Penumbral Blast
- Decreased Penumbral Blast damage against players from 80 to 30 damage. PvE damage is unchanged.
- Iceflare Bolts
- Fixed a bug where Iceflare Bolts would continuously try to switch targets.
- Increased target acquisition range of Iceflare Bolts by 33%.
- Increased turning speed of Iceflare Bolts so they can more effectively hit nearby targets.
- Chaos Reach
- Decreased the amount of Super energy refunded when canceling Chaos Reach early.
Titan Stasis Changes
- Glacial Quake
- Removed AoE freeze against players on super cast. Will still freeze PvE enemies on cast.
- Reduced damage resistance while in super from 60% to 50%.
- Increased the energy cost of using Shiver Strike while in Glacial Quake from 3% to 7% Super energy.
- Using the combo of a Shiver Strike into a Heavy slam attack will now cost the full Super energy of both the Shiver Strike and the slam (previously only costed energy for the slam).
- Shiver Strike
- Increased downwards velocity applied to Shiver Striking players when they are slowed to pull them out of the air more strongly.
Other changes include more tweaking to the Duskfield Grenade, reducing how strongly it pulls players inwards, and reducing the range from 9.5m to 6m. The slow stacks applied have also changed regarding the grenade detonation, reducing it to 10 from its previous 20. For PvE, there are no Detonation slow stack changes.
A few UI changes can also be seen with Stasis when “Slowed” to show the slow stacks, making the change from x/10 to x/100 to make it easier to read when adding stack amounts that are less than 10.
Stasis Crystals are getting a reduction in shatter damage against players for PvP, though PvE remains unchanged here as well. For those that love Whisper of Chains, this has also seen a significant change, reducing the resistance bonus from 25% to 5%, though damage resistance when not in Super will remain the same.
The Whisper of Torment bug where players continuously proc WoT while standing inside an opposing player’s Barricade has also been fixed in addition to a reduction in objective completion values for all Crucible fragment quests.
The primary focus with the latest round of updates is targeted towards PvP, which is what the community has been asking for since the introduction of Stasis. While some of these nerfs may seem big, impacting only PvP is huge in the best way possible.
To read the full patch notes of what’s ahead, you can read what’s new right here. You can also learn more about the return of Trials of Osiris with our previous coverage, we tried not to be too bitter about it.